On 24th November 2015, NUMA Bengaluru officially launched the 1st season of the Acceleration Program.
On NUMA’s side 11 startups have been chosen out of 200 applications to benefit from workspaces, networks, and services to develop their business. Besides that, Airbus Bizlab which will co-located at NUMA, started its call for applications to select the best aeronautical startups seeking support in the region.
Airbus has inaugurated a BizLab in Bangalore, India, its third after Toulouse, France and Hamburg, Germany, as part of its strategy to establish a global network of aerospace business accelerators.
Airbus BizLab in India will be co-located with NUMA, France’s biggest business accelerator and one of the most active in Europe. Both will create strong synergies between their accelerators, from start-up selection to specific events to benefit from their respective ecosystem (mentors, experts, investors).
“Airbus has always been at the forefront of innovation to create more value for our customers,” said Bruno Gutierres, HO Airbus BizLab. “With the Airbus BizLab Bangalore we are broadening our horizons and we aim to accelerate the rise of an Indian aeronautical entrepreneurship.”
In parallel, Airbus BizLab has opened a first round of applications for start-ups seeking support in the region. Applications are open until December 9th on: www.f6s.com/airbusbizlabbengaluruseason1/apply
Early-stage projects are offered wide-ranging support, in the form of a six-month “acceleration programme”. Through these programmes, Airbus BizLab gives access to a large number of coaches, experts and mentors in various domains: technology, legal, finance, marketing & communication; easing prototyping and access to market.
- How we assisted a prominent jewellery brand in India to enhance customer experience by streamlining billing processes and reducing turnaround time.
- How we developed an acceleration program involving internal teams for India’s largest food and beverage company.
- How we supported a multinational energy and petroleum company to promote a culture of customer centricity across various functions.
- How we empowered high-potential executives at a Swiss manufacturer of escalators, moving walkways, and elevators to leverage design thinking methodologies in crafting innovative products and services.
- How we guided Indian employees of an American pharmaceutical company to adopt the practice of identifying precise problem statements before delving into solution mode.